Friday, March 22, 2013

S4 on PH: SnapDragon 600 or Exynos Octa?


Still wondering what variant of S4 will be release to the Philippines? This suggest that both SnapDragon 600 and Exynos Octa will release on the Philippines.

What's the difference? S4 with Exynos Octa is running at Quadcore A15 1.6ghz and will switch to Quadcore A7 1.2ghz for the battery saving. As some benchmark suggest, it is the fastest chip for the phone yet. But why we are getting the both variants? The Exynos Octa variants has no LTE but only HSDPA+ while the SnapDragon 600 variant, which will be running at Quadcore 1.9ghz, has an LTE. Dont worry LTE lovers, the SnapDragon 600 variant has the highest clock ever, higher than other android with SnapDragon 600. Meaning, still faster than the others.

And I am just wondering, why will you get the Galaxy S4 if you have still the S3? I got the Galaxy Note 2 (which has the same chip with S3, only clocked a bit higher) and it flies every time I use it. I feel like I don't have to upgrade for at least 3 years. Maybe if I have some money to Burn, but I dont think I will still buy it. I rather keep my Note 2 and buy Blackberry Z10 or Lumia 920.

No comments:

Post a Comment